Monday, November 3, 2008

Thank you for not noticing.

Above; This cropped section reminds the Artist that using every color possible is not always a great idea. A limited palette of colors may be less dynamic but it is better than getting to the midpoint and realizing the colors you chose have painted you into a corner and what could have been a strong composition now has leaked out all over the floor and is pushing you to rein it all in. And, shown you the next few things to embark on. Larger ideas come from seeing the smaller mistakes and moving on from there.
There is a great quote from Theodore Roosevelt that I just read in a Calvin & Hobbes comic strip, I don't recall it completely accurate as it is not in front of me, but; something "do the best with what you have where you are at" but better phrased. I will read up on Calvin and post the correct verbage later, if I recall.

No comments: