Friday, May 23, 2008

3 days of Blight

Thought since a three day weekend was coming up, I should make an extra over-stuffed entry of old, old art to make the more polished newer stuff sparkle all the more. Below is just another view of the big piece I posted before, but without me in the scene. None of the photos do this pic justice but is was a rather hodge-podge of conflicting elements and that that great to start with, maybe... Yet somehow I sold it, or more importantly someone bought it!
Sketch below done in Illustrator. Many year ago, remind me of odd t-shirt design it do. How this thing fly? Must be magic. I do not know, I just create it.

I love this guy. I love his name. I like his witty disposition, his cutting wit, the gleam in his eye socket when you have caught him trying to put one over on some rube. He is the bare bones of economy in design, no connecting tissue or much for joints between bones, he still somehow perseveres, or whatever. He is bizarre. I want a empire built around him; t-shirts, lunch boxes, reality show, fruit boxes, movies, cigar boxes, comic books, bone boxes, etc. He is the next Mic**y Mouse.


No comments: