Wednesday, May 6, 2009

kinda feel lessened


I don't think this piece translates well here, when it is so frakking beautiful on paper. There is something about being able to focus in on the brush work, the texture of the paper and seeing how it uniquely directs the ink that can never be replicated, the way it flows I mean.
Anyway, this is just the first step in the long trail, I am due to start the larger format (30" by42") of white charcoal on black paper a day or two after May 30th and then I wil lgo back to a smaller format of regular size bristol paper of black ink on white. I should look into going to an art store and getting scratch board, I think it would go nicely, white on a black field.
I am not a 100% pleased with the above image, but it was a good starting point and I wanted to do a simplified version first. The ones following will be more complex but along this theme.

No comments: