Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Submission help


It has always been a dream of mine to go and continue my education, get my MFA. To do this, the application requires, "Three Recommendation letters sent directly to Graduate Coordinator from individuals practicing, teaching, or employed in the field of fine art, attesting to the applicants ability and competence in his or her chosen concentration."
Now I don't know about you, and I don't want to get too personal but you've seen my page here, who exactly is going to recomend ME attesting to MY ability and competance? I mean, really? I need some ideas, as the deadline is Feb. 1st, where do I go to find people that might respect me enough AND write me a nice letter, AND find three of those kind of people that are ALSO practicing, teaching, or employed in the field of fine art?
...
Seriously through, any artists want to get to know me and become familiar with my works with the end result being they could feel justified in helping me fullfill a life-long dream of higher education, and write me a glowing recommendation? Otherwise, I will just have to contact my old college professors and get new ones from them to replace the older ones they wrote me before, which is inconvenient as they go on sabbaticals and not always timely.
And, there is no rush, who has money to go to grad school anyways, plus twenty class hours a week on top of a five year old I take care of and work?

No comments: