Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit"

"Everything changes, yet nothing is truely lost."
...
I watched "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" last week, and I thought it was fantastic (but I tend to think a lot of great movies are fantastic, and that fantastic movies are great. It equals out). It reminded me of my own all night seek-and-find in Los Angeles in 1993, it was a night or two before some famous riot there due either to a trial with OJ or something. Two years later, I ended up married to the girl that I went on this all-night adventure of driving around LA with. I did not know her before that night; I had been introduced to her four times before that over the years (1991-93) but she never remembered me. Once, just before she broke both arms riding her bike falling down a hill, then during a flag football game we played together in the rain with people from my apartment building, then on Holloween night in Isla Vista, then once in the hall of my building w/ her boyfriend that lived there.
We got divorced four years later, and without her I never would have wound up here in Las Vegas 10 years ago, jobless and penniless then and ultimately invincible.
And, now I am waking up in Vegas every morning. By the by, I love the Katy Perry song, Waking Up in Vegas. I wonder if she was living in Santa Barbara at the same time I was, 1991-1993?
The tiki above is my artwork.

No comments: