Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ants on a mobius strip -- in progress

Like the title says, this is in progress and has been for maybe a year or more. A kind of fright has me spinning my wheels on this one, or... Had. I could probably finish it in an hour or more, I spent such a long time making it between raising a former infant for the most part alone/single and whatever else takes up my time, like job/housework/car/losing the house worries after buying the house worries/paying more in monthly bills than I make a month every month/family telling me I am not doing enough/etc. You know, ordinary stuff. right?
Anyhow, I just need to color the drawing in. Moreover, due to the time spent drawing all those screwy lines, I naturally don't want to mess it up and have to toss it on the discard pile. So I am going soooooo sloooooooowy that I forget that I still have not finished it in 3 years.
I think the end is in sight though. I can definitely say sometime in the next 7 weeks I will spend the hour or more and finish it. I started coloring it (one ant) in watercolor paint but it was not going well, so I stopped.
I even have the frame ready for it. Or, not. I sometimes find the matte is cut too small and it obliterates the composition by clipping the piece. Someday I will have to plan around that, or draw smaller things, or buy bigger mattes, or order a properly cut special order matte.
Hey! It gets a little boring not getting feedback or hoping some fantastic new person will see my stuff and want to whisk me off to consult with them on some fantastic earth-bending spectacular somewhere exotic and other than where I live, or even just waiting for some movie and/or TV star actress to fall in love with me. It can get boring. Maybe you don't know it but it does.
So click on the images to make them larger, and click me a email (or love letter if you are a desperately lonely but beautiful singer/dancer/actress, or ordinary person. You don't even have to be desperate, I am flexible).
Probably don't have to say this but anyway; I can come across little odd and hopefully never boring.

No comments: