Thursday, July 10, 2008

World War One Astronaut

Yet another in-progress piece that I have planned out to at least three iterations (making it another one of those triptychs, or more i detailed in June of 2008), I just get these ideas sketch them out then put them in my When-I-find-the-time folder I carry around everywhere. I think this one I was working out how to first connect the floating figure so it is more evident he is weightless and floating and then how to color it out to maintain a huge space and depth. I don't want it to be rendered out and land up flat due to haste.
Also, make him look more like the WWI astronaut but that ties into the connecting him to the scene with some steampunk-ish hoses and wires.
With the pens I got for christmas, I think I am getting closer to being able to finish this and carry it over to two or three variations.

No comments: