Thursday, July 31, 2008

Evolve or... just quit


Pardon me if I posted this before, my sheet of what I have posted and have not posted went gone missing and my system of "look at the past entries" is not being used at the moment.
If I have posted this before, it most likely came with the notation that this is the least favorite painting I have and I have done some odd stuff. People take it too literally, skulls meaning death to them, and death is bad. Well, death is not bad, unless you are on your way to death or in the midst of dying horribly and then i think maybe you'll change your mind and welcome the end of pain... But that is not my point. The skulls are representing the structure under the flesh, not death, here. Without that structure, we'd all fall down and unable to move forward at more than the pace of a worm. The skull protects our most precious organ, the brain, and that is pretty nifty keen.
...
Actually, this painting has not message. Originally there was 33 different languages saying, "I love you" where the skulls are now and I just painted them all in to re-do the thing back in 1992 when I did this.
Sometimes there is no reason for a painting full of screaming skulls, they just are.

No comments: