Thursday, July 24, 2008

in-progress 7/24/08


Have you paid your dues as an artist?
What exactly does that mean even?
I don't think I will ever figure it out.

I have been raising my son by myself since he was 1 and a half.
Ask my family and they will say it has been since birth.
He is now five years old.
I find no remorse in hoping in the end I am recorded as a better father than artist by those most important to me.
I am a very good artist, as some would admit.
Art is easy for me.
Being a father is harder.
Being a good father is even harder than that.
Being the best father, the kind I think my son deserves, is easy.
Art and being a father are natural to me.
Art is my life.
Art is not a job or a career to me.
Being a father is my life.
Being a father is not a job to me.
I guess this might all sound silly to you.
Not to me.
...Maybe later.

No comments: