Thursday, August 7, 2008

In Progress - I just want to have fun


I had high hopes for this one and it was looking good then I kind of rushed and did not try-out the inks I picked, leaving me to pull out the ink bottle long before i intended to, to hide my mistake and - my hands are still black from the ink that leaked all over because the seal on the bottle does not approve of tha bottle being upside down - so last night I made the lines between the strings and that was not the original idea. This morning I think I can make it work, or at least work it. This is in progress.
Kip Fulbeck, an "old" art professor of mine has published an art book on tattoos. All the information is at home so I will have to get the title for you, if you want it, whne I go home tonight. I had Kip for a course in performance art, all I can recall is bringing a big box of ceramic frogs to class one day and doing a story for each one until cut off. I think it was my U/D Sculpture class where I almost set my 7 foot tall sculpture on fire, or at least fire was involved somehow.
Oddball expression to work in to your day for today, "Well, time to climb back into the pickle jar."

No comments: