Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who is better than you?

My son took a nasty fall last night after swimming in the pool, blood everywhere (if it was directly beneath his nose). I was drying him off, had him wrapped up like a boy-burrito so he was tight and drying with no use of hands or legs. Then masterful toad that I am, I tried to put his shoes on. TIMBER! He fell over, that was funny, we both thought so. He was laughing. He was not laughing the second time when his face hit the stucco post and his face did 90 degrees from his neck and he left a blood and flesh trail on the post.
So I end up carrying this small boy wrapped up like a limp body wrapped up like a body wrapped up in a carpet like you see in the movies, but you know... wrapped up? And, he is bleeding like a stuck pig from his face while his head flops around on my shoulder blood and wailing coming from his mouth.
Somewhere in here is my explanation as to why I do not have a new piece of art for you to spend 12 seconds looking at before you hit some other link. I know my excuse is lame but it is all I have. You may think you are better than me, I don't care. I know you are not. You and Adolf Hitler are flat out wrong and I don't mind telling you that.

The world is not good or bad. It is just what it is. The glass is not half full or half empty, it just has water in it. Reality is just your perception, your perspective, and from second to second unless you plan on being paralyzed from a severed spinal cord and never move a centimeter again in your life, your view or perception/perspective will change. What you think will change, your stupid little problems and personality clashes with others you feel superior to will change if you allow that to happen.
Even things set in stone get worn down by water, wind or erosion. Nothing is worth being a jerk about.
My son is fine. His nose stopped bleeding after I got him a handful of cotton balls and he held them there, and the scratches on his nose will heal. His neck went back to it's original alignment pointing north/up.

Like always, this ink thing is just a sketch or a test, and it is a bit rushed and just exists for me to someday come back and make "better." Doing this stuff in ink sometimes does not work out as I planned or meant, where as in oil paint I can sweep all the mistakes away and make myself happy. SO I make these to show me...
I scanned this in and see that I need to put in a shade about the eye ball for depth, not that the flat coils do much. Something in oil I can correct with deeper shades of red to emphasis the shape. You can build with layers in oil, ink you get a big mess if youtry to lay layers down too late.
This goes with the last sketches monday and friday.

No comments: